"devel/kio-extras" with samba v4-10

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 6 11:11:24 GMT 2019

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:22:39 PM CET Carmel NY wrote:
> I have Samba Version 4.10.10 installed. When attempting to build
> devel/kio-extras with the:
>
>  SAMBA=on: Needed to build the SMB kioslave
>
> which is the default setting in the port, the build fails with the
> message that the wrong version of 'samba' is installed.

It would really help if you included the actual error message from such a
build. (Also, fails during configure, or some other time?)

> What I want to know is why the "devel/kio-extras" port is still
> dependent on samba -= v4.8 if it is EOL'd? If the port cannot be made to
> work with a modern version of samba; then the option should either be
> removed or turned off as the default in the makefile, preferable with a
> notation of why.

I can't reproduce the problem, though: in a poudriere, after building and
installing samba410, I built and installed kio-extras:

root at bbbbuild:/usr/ports/devel/kio-extras # pkg info | egrep 'samba|kio'
kf5-kio-5.64.0                 KF5 resource and network access abstraction
kio-extras-19.08.3             Plasma5 library to increase the functionality
of KIO
samba410-4.10.10               Free SMB/CIFS and AD/DC server and client for
Unix

I have no idea how to tell if it *works*, but it certainly compiles (for me).

[ade]