[kde-freebsd] Qt 5.6: Moving .qdocconf files to another port?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Jul 17 19:01:37 UTC 2016

Am Sonntag, 17. Juli 2016, 19:29:15 schrieb Raphael Kubo da Costa:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at the state of Qt 5.6 in trunk and fixing/polishing the
> rough edges I stumble upon.
>
> One of the ugly things I see is the WRKSRC logic in bsd.qt.mk because
> devel/qt5-qdoc is setting QT_DIST to multiple values in order to install
> both the qdoc tool (from qttools) and the .qdocconf files from qtbase.
>
> The .qdocconf files are static and architecture-independent, so I'd like
> to either ship them with qt5-core itself or create a separate port for
> them which qt5-qdoc would depend on. Both solutions would fix the "I do
> not want to depend on misc/qt5-doc" and "the WRKSRC hacks are ugly"
> issues.
>
> Does anyone favor one approach over the other?
I know you probably want this really clean for upgrading ports to 5.6. We've
tried to come up with a good solution for this issue, and came up with this as
an intermediate, acceptable workaround.

The reason is that tcberner and I want to re-work most of the qttools ports
that are currently split up into several ones to get them merged into as few
ports as possible and reasonable. Then look at the issue of the qdocconf files
again, if we open a bug report on Qt to have these files moved to qttools as
well, which would solve our problem at the source.

So, from my side, I'd go with the "I do not want to depend on misc/qt5-doc"
approach as those are not necessary to build qtcreator and qbs (which are the
only ones currently really needing qdoc *with those global files* (qt5-doc
could work without) which is the reason it works this way for now.

Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden