[kde-freebsd] Qt 5.6: Moving .qdocconf files to another port?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 17 17:29:15 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm looking at the state of Qt 5.6 in trunk and fixing/polishing the
rough edges I stumble upon.

One of the ugly things I see is the WRKSRC logic in bsd.qt.mk because
devel/qt5-qdoc is setting QT_DIST to multiple values in order to install
both the qdoc tool (from qttools) and the .qdocconf files from qtbase.

The .qdocconf files are static and architecture-independent, so I'd like
to either ship them with qt5-core itself or create a separate port for
them which qt5-qdoc would depend on. Both solutions would fix the "I do
not want to depend on misc/qt5-doc" and "the WRKSRC hacks are ugly"
issues.

Does anyone favor one approach over the other?