kf5-attica-5.29.0

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Dec 29 10:56:02 UTC 2016

On Thursday 29 December 2016 00:02:34 Geordie wrote:
> Unable to access
> file
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/kf5-attica/work/stage/usr/libdata/pkgconfig/libKF5A
> ttica.pc No such file or directory Error code 74

That's a bug. But we would need more of the build log to say anything about
it. Are you building attica on its own, or as a dependency of something else?

Note, though, that the plasma5/ branch is *usually* stable, but not always;
and the instructions are out of date.

> I was follow the instruction from here
> http://src.mouf.net/area51/view/branches/plasma5/README
>
> I was giving this a try.

> I tried before Christmas to install KDE4:14 via pkg. That method
> brought in every port except the kitchen sink.

What exactly were you expecting then? kde4 (the port or package) is a metaport
that pulls in *everything* from KDE, e.g. also all the KDE4 applications. If
you want a more pared-down setup, install only KDE ports that you want. For a
basic desktop (e.g. the Plasma4 desktop) with no applications, install kde-
workspace (KDE Plasma Desktop).

> I was not happy with
> this and then there problems. The last thing I tried to install was
> virtualbox. Pkg brought in Qt5 stuff and it did not work

Well, yeah, VirtualBox in pkg is built against Qt5. That (Qt5) is co-
installable with Qt4 from pkg. But this isn't a KDE-thing, is it.

FWIW, my desktop is KDE4 from pkg, with VirtualBox (+qt5) from pkg as well,
works fine. Admittedly, it wasn't installed this month. So your experience is
not universal -- again, we'd need more details to say anything useful.

> , I tried
> installing through ports I got QT4 but I managed to trash the
> system. So KDE in freeBSD has not been a pleasant experience this
> month. Last month I had very little problems including Virtualbox
> Yeah I know I should not mix ports and pkg bot I has in a hurry to solve

Building ports on top of things from pkg shouldn't be a problem.

[ade]