kf5-attica-5.29.0

Geordie geordi at kos.net
Fri Dec 30 03:26:55 UTC 2016

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:56:02 +0100
Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 29 December 2016 00:02:34 Geordie wrote:
> > Unable to access
> > file
> > /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/kf5-attica/work/stage/usr/libdata/pkgconfig/libKF5A
> > ttica.pc No such file or directory Error code 74
>
> That's a bug. But we would need more of the build log to say anything
> about it. Are you building attica on its own, or as a dependency of
> something else?
Hi Adrian
Thanks for replying

I was running this command cd /usr/ports/x11/plasma5-plasma &&
make install clean when the error occurred. Then ran then
cd /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/kf5-attica && make install clean and the
above error was from that
The file libdata/pkgconfig/libKF5Attica.pc
does not exit in this file ports/x11-toolkits/kf5-attica

Having not much experience building from ports I thought thing were
moving along quite until this error occurred. Slow process thou

> Note, though, that the plasma5/ branch is *usually* stable, but not
> always; and the instructions are out of date.

Are they any up to date instructions?  Link?

> > I was follow the instruction from here
> > http://src.mouf.net/area51/view/branches/plasma5/README
> >
> > I was giving this a try.
>

> > I tried before Christmas to install KDE4:14 via pkg. That method
> > brought in every port except the kitchen sink.
>
> What exactly were you expecting then? kde4 (the port or package) is a
> metaport that pulls in *everything* from KDE, e.g. also all the KDE4
> applications. If you want a more pared-down setup, install only KDE
> ports that you want. For a basic desktop (e.g. the Plasma4 desktop)
> with no applications, install kde- workspace (KDE Plasma Desktop).

There was packages I have never seen before in my ten years of using
KDE through various distributions. And again the November ( think
I did pkg install kde4) install did not have all of these. It would be
nice if someone somewhere had a bare bones kde install.

> > I was not happy with
> > this and then there problems. The last thing I tried to install was
> > virtualbox. Pkg brought in Qt5 stuff and it did not work
>
> Well, yeah, VirtualBox in pkg is built against Qt5. That (Qt5) is co-
> installable with Qt4 from pkg. But this isn't a KDE-thing, is it.
>
> FWIW, my desktop is KDE4 from pkg, with VirtualBox (+qt5) from pkg as
> well, works fine. Admittedly, it wasn't installed this month. So your
> experience is not universal -- again, we'd need more details to say
> anything useful.
>
> > , I tried
> > installing through ports I got QT4 but I managed to trash the
> > system. So KDE in freeBSD has not been a pleasant experience this
> > month. Last month I had very little problems including Virtualbox
> > Yeah I know I should not mix ports and pkg bot I has in a hurry to
> > solve
>
> Building ports on top of things from pkg shouldn't be a problem.

Lately things are broken more often than right. Some can be
attributed to my lack of knowledge, for I am not a developer programmer
etc. My objective for the last two years has been to find a system that
works. Debian Sid worked fine for six or seven years with few issues and
with the intro systemd I have been on a downward slope. So I am trying
to stop the slide
About a year ago I started with Kaos it worked fine for three or four
months then an upgrade killed it. Maderia had the same issue, Openbsd
did not like my dual graphics card and at that time I had trouble with
nfsv4. Next up was PCbsd. It installed fine ran fine very few issues at
first then the upgrade, trashed a couple of programs that i used
because of the upgrade to KF5, and their lumina seemed to take over
the KDE4 settings creating all sorts of havoc. So that is how I ended
up here

> [ade]

Thanks
Geordie