[kde-freebsd] SysV IPC limits.

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 13:43:54 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 10 November 2015 17:48:37 Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa wrote:
> Hi.  As it is now, the x11-toolkits/qt5-gui/pkg-message contains
> this suggestion:
>

> kern.ipc.shmall=32768
> kern.ipc.shmmni=1024
> kern.ipc.shmseg=1024

On my desktops, one of which runs KDE4 (and has for a long time), one which
runs Plasma5-desktop, I've never messed with the shm-settings. Neither have I
noticed any rendering issues, though I'll admit to being mostly a konsole-
kdevelop-rekonq-kmail user and not to doing anything fancy. Here's the
(default) sysctl settings on both machines:

kern.ipc.shmall: 131072
kern.ipc.shmseg: 128
kern.ipc.shmmni: 192

So at the very least, the shmall-part of the pkg-message could be changed or
removed.

[ade]

(OP in BCC)