[kde-freebsd] SysV IPC limits.

Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa trasz at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 10 16:48:37 UTC 2015

Hi.  As it is now, the x11-toolkits/qt5-gui/pkg-message contains
this suggestion:

Qt paint engine makes common use of shared memory. To avoid MIT-SHM
errors (i.e., blank windows), you probably need to raise shared memory
limits in loader.conf(5). The following should be safe values for the
KDE Plasma Desktop:

kern.ipc.shmall=32768
kern.ipc.shmmni=1024
kern.ipc.shmseg=1024

Thing is, since 2010 shmall defaults to 131072, ie the pkg-message
tells users to decrease it by a factor of four.  Shouldn't the
pkg-message be updated, for both qt5-gui and qt4-gui?

Also - from your experience, are the other two values correct?  What
do you think about me bumping the kernel defaults for those?

Thanks!  (And please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed.)