[kde-freebsd] Phonon-vlc crashing

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 25 09:19:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 00:47:30 +0100 Schaich Alonso wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:38:09 +0200
> David Naylor <dbn at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I always seem to be complaining about Phonon :-(.  My latest issue has been crashes in phonon-vlc (phonon-gstreamer still doesn't work).
> >

> Hi,
>
> while it seemed not to have been useful to someone else contacting the
> mailing list yesterday, I found either
>
> * uninstalling multimedia/phonon-vlc and reinstalling
> x11/kde4-workspace with gstreamer instead of vlc OPTION set,

multimedia/phonon-gstreamer doen't work with KDE due to other problem
(mixing GStreamer 0.10 and 1.x). I'm working on qtwebkit23 to replace
qt4-webkit, which is the last GStreamer 0.10 consumer, but it'll take some
time.

> or
>
> * reinstalling multimedia/vlc without it's QT5 ports OPTION
> workarounds the issue for me.

This is not an option for package users. multimedia/phonon-vlc  needs !Qt5
version of VLC. Perhaps we need a slave port for Qt 4 VLC if multimedia@ team
have reasons to stick to Qt 5.

Max