[kde-freebsd] Akonadi/mysqld problems

João Martins joao at matik.com.br
Sun Jun 17 13:06:01 UTC 2012

On Sunday 17 June 2012 01:42 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Saturday 16 June 2012 09:08:51 joaoBR wrote:
> > :) what a self-esteem this man has ... :) congratulations, but you need
> >
> > it, so hold on to it

I am sorry if my comment came over apparently as personal to you, it was not
my intention

I know that you are the most helpfull person on this list, also your help is
always technical very qualified, thank you, so what follows is also nothing
personal to you

unfortunately this kdepim/akonadi/sql thing effects my mood and it got personal
for me, since my work is compromised for two weeks now

I lead a SW development team and I know how hard it can be, but with best
intentions from my side and professional view, I have to say that kmail is far
off target

a very old email client skelleton, still full of problems in terms of imap
handling is being migrated/integrated to "something" with no future

simplicity is the success keyword for working software

for my understandings database storing is for speeding things up, so I have no
clew how things can get slower, may be somebody needs a basic sql training and
rewrite the whole thing

of course, i also have no clew, what the heck I need a database framework for
some imap accounts on my desktop

this folder selection settings always was something very not understandable in
kmail's project, now, it simply got migrated and most wired for me, nobody
seems to care. If there where settings to change the default, ok, but that
kmail changes the default of draft/sent/trash folders, my-o-my ...

if there is need for email/calendar/contacts/groupware integration, ok, make a
software package for whom who needs it

such a framework as standard email client on a Desktop, guys, no words for
that, sad is that nobody stopped it in time

buttom line, now we have a project not a program anymore, now we have to learn
how to set up such a monster and what we get in return, a rediculous slow
email client which needs 3-4 minutes to delete 800 messages from a folder and
after completing it still shows me a childish foot note, counting the
processed messages, one extra minute to wait ... seems it is calling an ntfs
drive on another continent over a slow connection link and not a local
database ...

but please, nothing personal dear developers

João