[kde-freebsd] kmail2 disaster ... kdepim back to alpha stage?

ajtiM lumiwa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 13:24:06 UTC 2012

On Saturday 09 June 2012 06:43:24 JoaoBR wrote:
> I have no idea how some can substitute an email client with a new one,
> when it is still not working (=unusable)
>
> said that, somebody has an idea what I can do?
>
> after upgrade to kde-4.8 from ports without particular tweaks, kmail2
> comes up and asked for converting existing mail structure, I confirmed,
> dialog disappeared and no further response came up
>
> then when I start kmail2, imap identities are visible in settings, in
> accounts only appear local floders but with advice "No usable storage
> location configured"
>
> In Kmail panels appears nothing (all white) but Local Folders
>
> my former kmail folders and accounts settings are in their former default
> locations under ~/.kde4/....

I did what I red in /usr/ports/UPDATING
and I am using the old kmail still:
20120525:
  AFFECTS: users of deskutils/kdepim4, deskutils/kdepim4-runtime
  AUTHOR: kde at FreeBSD.org

  kdepim4 has been updated to 4.8.3. For those who prefer old
  kdepim-4.4.11.1 deskutils/kdepim44* ports have been added.
  To stay with kdepim-4.4.11.1 run the following commands:

  # portmaster -o deskutils/kdepim44-runtime kdepim-runtime-4\*
  # portmaster -o deskutils/kdepim44 kdepim-4\*

BTW: I am thinking to start using Thunderbird.
Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa