[kde-freebsd] kmail2 disaster ... kdepim back to alpha stage?

Tomasz Kowalczyk kowalczfbsd at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:15:03 UTC 2012

On Saturday 09 of June 2012 15:24:06 ajtiM wrote:
> I did what I red in /usr/ports/UPDATING
> and I am using the old kmail still:
> 20120525:
>   AFFECTS: users of deskutils/kdepim4, deskutils/kdepim4-runtime
>   AUTHOR: kde at FreeBSD.org
>
>   kdepim4 has been updated to 4.8.3. For those who prefer old
>   kdepim-4.4.11.1 deskutils/kdepim44* ports have been added.
>   To stay with kdepim-4.4.11.1 run the following commands:
>
>   # portmaster -o deskutils/kdepim44-runtime kdepim-runtime-4\*
>   # portmaster -o deskutils/kdepim44 kdepim-4\*
>
> BTW: I am thinking to start using Thunderbird.

I'm sticking with old kdepim44 too, kmail2 is just not ready for serious
usage yet. BTW installing x11/kde4 don't pull kdepim4, but only kdepim44.
It looks like akonadi dont work very well with internal mysql server, so I
just configure it to use external mysql, which anyway run on my desktop.

OT. Anyone tried running full clang compiled base+kde4 maybe ?
Here everything is compiling fine with little ports options tweaking, but
I did not manage getting nepomuk to run + some other minor apps crashes, so
I'm sticking with built-in gcc atm.

Best regards