[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

joaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Fri Jul 6 18:18:34 UTC 2012

Em Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:13:44 -0300
joaoBR <joao at matik.com.br> escreveu:

> Em Thu, 05 Jul 2012 14:36:07 -0500
> Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:
>
> > On 2012-07-05 13:54, joaoBR wrote:

> > > well, I do not believe that the problem is the driver because dri
> > > and opengl is available, KDE is not being able to use it ...
> > >
> > > $ glxinfo
> > > ..
> > > direct rendering: Yes
> > > ..
> > > OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> > > OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
> > > OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.6.1
> > > OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
> > >

> > > Since I have not so much insight, I do not know if it matters but
> > > while
> > > compiling workspace I saw a string about it not being able to find
> > > openGL
> > >
> > > I have nothing special and it was working before 4.8.4 on the same
> > > hardware
> >
> > Well, unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to help out
> > too much on the radeon side of things.  Regarding ports, if you can
> > let me know any non standard configs you have for them, I can try to
> > reproduce what you have over here, possible in a VM to reproduce 32
> > bit since I run 64bit here.
> >

> I see, I am grateful for your intention but I have nothing particular
> in my settings, the only thing may be all my machines are dual-head
> but xorg.conf is pretty standard and it worked with 4.7
>
> unfortunately all machines are with ATI here, so I can not try
> another card either
>
> this xrender/opengl in deed is not so important for me since we use
> only konsole, email and browser, it was a comment of something else
> not working anymore

may be you are interested or somebody ...

openGL is not working on kde 4.8

but changing windows Manager to Metacity from System Settings => Default
Apps, then openGL IS there nice and fine

I can activate then or not the GL 2 Shaders, makes no
difference, both work

[Compositing]
AnimationSpeed=3
Backend=OpenGL
DisableChecks=false
Enabled=true
GLDirect=true
GLLegacy=true
GLTextureFilter=2
GLVSync=true
GraphicsSystem=native
HiddenPreviews=5
OpenGLIsUnsafe=false
UnredirectFullscreen=false
XRenderSmoothScale=false

so nothing wrong with driver or xorg, actually I run new xorg but also
the actual production version is giving same result, so seems something
wrong in KDE Windows Manager

--

João Martins (JoaoBR)

Infomatik Development Team