[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

joaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu Jul 5 20:13:44 UTC 2012

Em Thu, 05 Jul 2012 14:36:07 -0500
Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:

> On 2012-07-05 13:54, joaoBR wrote:
> > Em Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:16:46 -0500
> > Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:

> >> as

> >> radeonhd,

> >> so
> >>
> >> I had no problems with this upgrade.  I do not use kdepim and have
> >> an
> >> nvidia card.  I have had worse upgrade experiences but had no
> >> issues this round.
> >>
> >> I can only assume at this time that you are either not using
> >> default options or this is because the radeon card is not well
> >> support on FreeBSD.
> >>
> >> Rusty
> >

> > well, I do not believe that the problem is the driver because dri
> > and opengl is available, KDE is not being able to use it ...
> >
> > $ glxinfo
> > ..
> > direct rendering: Yes
> > ..
> > OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
> > OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
> > OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.6.1
> > OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
> >

> > Since I have not so much insight, I do not know if it matters but
> > while
> > compiling workspace I saw a string about it not being able to find
> > openGL
> >
> > I have nothing special and it was working before 4.8.4 on the same
> > hardware
>
> Well, unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to help out
> too much on the radeon side of things.  Regarding ports, if you can
> let me know any non standard configs you have for them, I can try to
> reproduce what you have over here, possible in a VM to reproduce 32
> bit since I run 64bit here.

I see, I am grateful for your intention but I have nothing particular
in my settings, the only thing may be all my machines are dual-head
but xorg.conf is pretty standard and it worked with 4.7

unfortunately all machines are with ATI here, so I can not try
another card either

this xrender/opengl in deed is not so important for me since we use only
konsole, email and browser, it was a comment of something else not
working anymore

thank you

--

João Martins (JoaoBR)