[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Thu Jul 5 18:16:46 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-05 05:20, joaoBR wrote:
> Em Tue, 03 Jul 2012 07:38:07 -0500
> Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:

>> > I am using it. 4.8.4 upgrade using portmaster was as flawless as
>> > many 4.X upgrades
>> > before that.  On two machines.  I am not running into any problems
>> > that you describe.
>>
>> Ditto...  No problems here with an Nvidia card/FreeBSD 9 64bit.
>>

> I use 9-Stable i386
>
> are you referring to the openGL/Xrender thing?
>
> my card is ATI and I use radeon in xorg.conf, I also tried radeonhd,
> no differnce
>
> I have the same hardware as before and on before 4.8.4 opengl was
> working, after upgrade not
>
> and not only on 1 machine, the problem is repeated on 4 machines so
> far

I had no problems with this upgrade.  I do not use kdepim and have an
nvidia card.  I have had worse upgrade experiences but had no issues
this round.

I can only assume at this time that you are either not using default
options or this is because the radeon card is not well support on
FreeBSD.

Rusty