[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

joaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Thu Jul 5 18:54:00 UTC 2012

Em Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:16:46 -0500
Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:

> On 2012-07-05 05:20, joaoBR wrote:
> > Em Tue, 03 Jul 2012 07:38:07 -0500
> > Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com> escreveu:

> >> Ditto...  No problems here with an Nvidia card/FreeBSD 9 64bit.
> >>

> > I use 9-Stable i386
> >
> > are you referring to the openGL/Xrender thing?
> >
> > my card is ATI and I use radeon in xorg.conf, I also tried radeonhd,
> > no differnce
> >
> > I have the same hardware as before and on before 4.8.4 opengl was
> > working, after upgrade not
> >
> > and not only on 1 machine, the problem is repeated on 4 machines so
> > far
>
> I had no problems with this upgrade.  I do not use kdepim and have an
> nvidia card.  I have had worse upgrade experiences but had no issues
> this round.
>
> I can only assume at this time that you are either not using default
> options or this is because the radeon card is not well support on
> FreeBSD.
>
> Rusty

well, I do not believe that the problem is the driver because dri and
opengl is available, KDE is not being able to use it ...

$ glxinfo
..
direct rendering: Yes
..
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa Project
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 7.6.1
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20

Since I have not so much insight, I do not know if it matters but while
compiling workspace I saw a string about it not being able to find
openGL

I have nothing special and it was working before 4.8.4 on the same
hardware

--

João Martins (JoaoBR)

Infomatik Development Team