[kde-freebsd] Beware: trunk moved to Qt and KDE SC 4.8

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 19:54:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:05:32 +0100
Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net>
> wrote:
> > Just wanted to mention that I did exactly that just yesterday, and
> > it was one of the most painless upgrades I've ever had the pleasure
> > of performing.  All I had to to was change KDE4_VERSION in
> > bsd.kde4.mk, remove one obsoleted patch file under
> > sysutils/kdeadmin4 (patch-kuser_CMakeLists.txt),
> > adjust /etc/make.conf to use gcc on a few ports that failed to
> > build with clang, do a 'make makesum' on all of the affected ports,
> > and everything built and installed just fine.
>
> This means you now have some leftover files in KDE4_PREFIX. I suggest
> using area51 ports in such cases.
> Anyway, the upgrade will go in quite soon.

I did take a look at the area51 stuff a month or two ago, but had so
many build errors, I eventually just put it aside.  Maybe I'll have
another go at it.  I'm sure I just didn't take enough time to
familiarize myself with the whole scheme of things and was just doing
something wrong.

Version 4.7.4 seems to be quite nice, though, I must say.  Sure, I'd
like to be more "bleeding edge", but for now, this will do nicely.  :-)

Could you possibly provide a few more clues as to what you're talking
about re: leftover files?

Thanks!

--
Conrad J. Sabatier