[kde-freebsd] Beware: trunk moved to Qt and KDE SC 4.8

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 17 11:10:28 UTC 2012

On Monday 16 January 2012 20:54:41 Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> I did take a look at the area51 stuff a month or two ago, but had so
> many build errors, I eventually just put it aside.  Maybe I'll have
> another go at it.

I think a month or two ago KDE SC 4.7.4 wasn't ready yet.

Have a look at http://freebsd.kde.org/area51.php

> Version 4.7.4 seems to be quite nice, though, I must say.  Sure, I'd
> like to be more "bleeding edge", but for now, this will do nicely.  :-)

You'll soon be able to test 4.8.0 RC if you really want. ;)

> Could you possibly provide a few more clues as to what you're talking
> about re: leftover files?

4.7.4 installs some new files that weren't there in 4.7.3. If you didn't use
area51 ports, your plists (lists of installed files) are incomplete. Just wait
a couple of days - when we'll commit 4.7.4 to ports - and rebuild KDE ports. I
think I'll be able to tell you exactly which ports you need to rebuild.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

A real friend isn't someone you use once and then throw away.
A real friend is someone you can use over and over again.