[kde-freebsd] Beware: trunk moved to Qt and KDE SC 4.8

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 16 19:05:32 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> wrote:
> Just wanted to mention that I did exactly that just yesterday, and it
> was one of the most painless upgrades I've ever had the pleasure of
> performing.  All I had to to was change KDE4_VERSION in bsd.kde4.mk,
> remove one obsoleted patch file under sysutils/kdeadmin4
> (patch-kuser_CMakeLists.txt), adjust /etc/make.conf to use gcc on a
> few ports that failed to build with clang, do a 'make makesum' on all
> of the affected ports, and everything built and installed just fine.

This means you now have some leftover files in KDE4_PREFIX. I suggest
using area51 ports in such cases.
Anyway, the upgrade will go in quite soon.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla