[kde-freebsd] Beware: trunk moved to Qt and KDE SC 4.8

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Mon Jan 16 18:03:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:29:17 +0100
Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I'll add here that we're going to upgrade KDE SC in ports to 4.7.4 as
> soon as FreeBSD 9.0 is released.

Just wanted to mention that I did exactly that just yesterday, and it
was one of the most painless upgrades I've ever had the pleasure of
performing.  All I had to to was change KDE4_VERSION in bsd.kde4.mk,
remove one obsoleted patch file under sysutils/kdeadmin4
(patch-kuser_CMakeLists.txt), adjust /etc/make.conf to use gcc on a
few ports that failed to build with clang, do a 'make makesum' on all
of the affected ports, and everything built and installed just fine.

This also had the unexpected happy side effect of clearing up a few
issues I was having with my existing KDE installation.  Everything's
working splendidly now.

Users will be very happy, I expect, when this upgrade is made
available.  :-)

--
Conrad J. Sabatier
conrads at cox.net