[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] branches/kde-4.9/KDE/deskutils/kdepim4

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Wed Aug 22 18:18:15 UTC 2012

Alberto Villa <avilla at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa
> <rakuco at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> I'd rather to the opposite and force the port not to depend on
>> libinotify, which is less intrusive.
>
> Why? We usually add dependencies instead of removing them.

I'd argue that we only do that when the dependencies are necessary.
libinotify looks like something that should have been part of the
kernel, not in a separate library -- all ports which use it need to
patch sources because inotify doesn't require any additional libraries
on Linux, and I think this is very suboptimal.

>> Also, looking at the PR, it looks like sys/inotify.h was already being
>> found even without changing CMAKE_REQUIRED_INCLUDES, so only the linking
>> part seems necessary.
>
> It isn't: without it sys/inotify.h is not detected. The user probably
> had some non-standard configuration.

OK.