[kde-freebsd] [CFT] KDE and KDE PIM 4.7.1

Oliver Heesakkers kdefreebsd at heesakkers.info
Sun Sep 18 11:45:16 UTC 2011

Op vr 16 sep 2011 21:50:09 schreef u:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Oliver Heesakkers
>
> <kdefreebsd at heesakkers.info> wrote:
> > First the dots at the end of the description of the options in x11/kde4
> > corrupted the dialog.
>
> what do you mean with "corrupted"?

I made a picture, but I see you already committed a fix, well here's the
picture anyway:
http://heesakkers.info/showandtell/kde4config.gif

> > # portmaster --check-depends
> > Reports that there is no installed version for textproc/raptor
> > # portmaster textproc/raptor
> > # portmaster --check-depends
> > Now finishes without adjustments
>
> can you show the output of pkg_info raptor-1\*, please?

Information for raptor-1.4.21_1:

Comment:
RDF Parser Toolkit for Redland

Required by:
kdenetwork-4.7.1
kwebkitpart-1.1.1
libktorrent-1.1.2
libreoffice-3.4.3_1
opera-11.51
opera-linuxplugins-11.51
subtitlecomposer-0.5.3_3

And a description

> > I picked VLC as the default phonon backend during build. When I move
> > GStreamer up in rank it crashes systemsettings:
> > Later I found one notification that said something like "The
> > playbackdevice dummy is not functioning. Falling back to ." (in Dutch).
> > Did not notice any difference in functioning.
>
> i'll test it intensively. meanwhile, can you remove
> multimedia/phonon/files, rebuild it, and have some more tests?

Rebuild went fine. More devices show up, some devices disappear after
switching backends (don't remember which ones). In the end only my three HDA
Realtek ALC888 devices remain and one device named "default"
The device named "default" has a tendency to dis- and reappear. All devices
work when "Test"ed. I cannot tell a difference between backends. Moving
GStreamer to the top keeps producing crashes (when clicking apply).

Now and again I'll get a notification that "The playbackdevice HDA Realtek
ALC888 PCM #0 Analog (pcm) is not functioning. Falling back to default"
Note that I can succesfully "Test" that device in systemsettings immediately
after with no problem. PCM #0 is at the top of the list, default at the
bottom.

> > misc/kdeutils4 was not installed in the upgrade-procedure, added that
> > after I couldn't find kcalc. I did some checking and found misc/kdeedu4
> > and x11-themes/kde4-wallpapers missing as well.
> > Note that this may be due to the failures and restarts, I know I had
> > the kdeutils4 config menu presented to me at the first portmaster -a.
>
> do you have x11/kde4 still installed? it should depend on them. maybe
> the dependencies were really corrupted by those build problems

You're right.
Looking back in  the script-output, when kalzium failed for the first time,
portmaster reported:
===>>> make failed for science/kalzium
===>>> Aborting update
===>>> Update for science/kalzium failed
===>>> Aborting update
===>>> Update for misc/kdeedu4 failed
===>>> Aborting update
===>>> Update for x11/kde4 failed
===>>> Aborting update

Of course it also reported how I should restart, but I ignored that and simply
used portmaster -a, that's probably why/where it went wrong.

> > Wow, they made that cashew-thing bigger and more prominent, I've
> > installed the "I HATE the cashew"-plasma-applet now, maybe this should
> > get a FreeBSD port.
>
> they just moved it a bit, you can move it in the corner to make it
> look the same. anyway, i think you can made a port of it quite easily,
> just use some other plasma-applet-* port as a base

I also had a text-line ("new activity") to the right of the icon, which made
it quite prominent. Moving it does help, I'd prefer that over the plasma-
applet that seems a bit buggy and has an unprofessional name.

> thank you very much for all this valuable information!

You're welcome!