[kde-freebsd] Problems with automounting USB stick

Christian Gusenbauer c47g at gmx.at
Sun Feb 20 10:01:05 CET 2011

Hi!

I've a problem automounting an USB stick on KDE 4.5.5 and current. At the very
first time after booting the machine, I can insert the USB stick and the stick
will be automounted without problems. But if I unmount it using the eject
button and remove the stick, it will not be automounted again if I reinsert it
:-(.

After reinserting the stick, I get a

Error: org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.PermissionDeniedByPolicy:
org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-fixed auth_admin_keep_always <-- (action,
result)

It's funny, because HAL thinks that it's a 'mount-fixed' device and not a
'mount-removeable' one (which HAL reports at the very first time).

So what's wrong with HAL or my setup? How can I track down that problem or is
it already a well-known one?

Thanks,
Christian.