[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.6.0

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 06:34:10 CET 2011

Hi,

My report on testing KDE 4.6.0:
 * kdm lost my "kde" session.  I had to manually select "KDE Plasma Workspace"
 * KDE informed me that some of my sound devices were detached and wanted to
know if it should forget about them.  Sound still works perfectly...
 * Strigi gets stuck on some PDF files (busy loop with nepomukservicestub)
 * Okular still does not print out-of-the-box (doing `cd /usr/local/bin; ln -s
lpr lpr.cups` works well)
 * The "KDE resources" kconfig module freezes when opened (a kdepim-4.6.0
problem, not present with old in-ports kdepim).
 * I had a few problems with KMail2, which I reported upstream.  Old KMail is
working fine.

Other than two initial problems, strigi (which I do not use) and those
relating to the upcoming kdepim everything is running better :-)

Thank you for all the work.

David