[kde-freebsd] Re: kde media eject ui

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:24:35 CEST 2011

Andriy Gapon <avg at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> First of all, this is of course not a porting issue.  But I would like to run my
> thoughts by fellow FreeBSD folks first, to see if they make any sense.

[snip]

> So, to summarize, I would like to get two things:
> 1. Eject action always being available for removable media whether it's mounted or
> not.
> 2. Eject action unmounts media iff it's mounted and then issues ejection command
> for removable media (both CD and USB).

To be honest, I wasn't even aware of all these different low-level
details you explained, so I don't think my layman's opinion counts much
in this issue ;)

The only thing I can say is that if you think this makes sense, you
should talk about this with the Solid guys upstream, in the
kde-hardware-devel mailing list.