[kde-freebsd] Re: Desktop effects suspended -- KDE4-4.5.1

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Mon Nov 1 14:30:24 CET 2010

Nov 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM, David Naylor wrote:

>> I only use KMail
(without Kontact) and I've never seen akonadi use so much
>> resources.
It does look like akonadi is misbehaving, perhaps upstream can
>> help
with that.

> Yeah.. I'll wait for some upstream thoughts on this
:-)

>> Recompiling everything may fix it. It is possible some
dependency is not ABI
>> forward compatible.
>
> Hmmm... I had nothing
break of complain of old dependencies or forward incompatibility when I
finished my update. pkgdb would have complained about this, but it did
not.

> You can also try cleaning out akonadi resources, such as:
>

>> s="gmail_quote" style="margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px
solid #cccccc; padding-left: 1ex;">(make sure you back up, may eat your
data)
> e>
>
> Not worried about backing up, I have all my mail and
calender schedules backed up. Let me try that and restart akonadi and
see if it gets any bet

I found that a new version of the nvidia
driver was released a few weeks back and am testing that out -
260.19.12. It seems to support additional GLX extensions so I am hoping
it behaves better with KDE.

Rusty Nejdl

Links:
------