[kde-freebsd] Re: Desktop effects suspended -- KDE4-4.5.1

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:19:51 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM, David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com>wrote:

> I only use KMail (without Kontact) and I've never seen akonadi use so much
> resources.  It does look like akonadi is misbehaving, perhaps upstream can
> help with that.

Yeah.. I'll wait for some upstream thoughts on this :-)

Recompiling everything may fix it.  It is possible some dependency is not
> ABI
> forward compatible.

Hmmm... I had nothing break of complain of old dependencies or forward
incompatibility when I finished my update. pkgdb would have complained about
this, but it did not.

> You can also try cleaning out akonadi resources, such as:
>
> # rm -rf ~/.local/share/akonadi
> # rm -rf ~/.config/akonadi

(make sure you back up, may eat your data)

Not worried about backing up, I have all my mail and calender schedules
backed up. Let me try that and restart akonadi and see if it gets any
better.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.