[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.4.0 and FreeBSD8, Nepomuk problem

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:03:13 CET 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 18:44:41 M. Vale wrote:
> Hi, I have compiled KDE 4.4.0 from SVN on FreeBSD 8.0 (32 bits), everything
> compiled ok, I only found to problems when using KDE 4.4.0
>
> First when I start KMAIL it always give the following error:
>
> "
> Nepomuk indexing agents have been disable
>

> The Nepomuk service is not available or fully operational and attempts to
> rectify this have failed. Therefore indexing of all data stored in the
> Akonadi PIM service has been disabled, which will severely limit the
> capabilities of any application using this data.
>
> The following problems were detected:
>
>    - Unable to start the Nepomuk server.
>    - Nepomuk is not running.
>
> Additional help can be found here: userbase.kde.org/Akonadi
>
> "
> <http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi>

Have you set up Nepomuk correctly (ie installed Virtuoso and its dependencies
etc)? IIRC there were some commits to Nepomuk/Akonadi-related ports in area51
a few days ago, maybe you should give it a try again (there are a lot of other
ML threads about Nepomuk/Akonadi problems as well).

> The other problem that i've found is if i enable 3D effects, everything
> works ok, but if I logout KDE and the login again the 3D effects are always
> disabled, i have to manually go to settings and enable again 3D effects,
> every-time I start KDE.

Did it work correctly before? If so, consider filing a bug report on
bugs.kde.org with your video card, the driver you're using and what's going
on.