[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.4.0 and FreeBSD8, Nepomuk problem

M. Vale maurovale at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:44:41 CET 2010

Hi, I have compiled KDE 4.4.0 from SVN on FreeBSD 8.0 (32 bits), everything
compiled ok, I only found to problems when using KDE 4.4.0

First when I start KMAIL it always give the following error:

"
Nepomuk indexing agents have been disable

The Nepomuk service is not available or fully operational and attempts to
rectify this have failed. Therefore indexing of all data stored in the
Akonadi PIM service has been disabled, which will severely limit the
capabilities of any application using this data.

The following problems were detected:

   - Unable to start the Nepomuk server.
   - Nepomuk is not running.

Additional help can be found here: userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

"
<http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi>

The other problem that i've found is if i enable 3D effects, everything
works ok, but if I logout KDE and the login again the 3D effects are always
disabled, i have to manually go to settings and enable again 3D effects,
every-time I start KDE.

If you need more info, please just ask.

Best Regards

MV