[kde-freebsd] [APPROVAL REQUEST] latest unixODBC breaks several ports

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Mon Jan 26 22:35:05 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Peter Lai <cowbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Max Khon wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I would like to commit attached patches in order to fix ports builds
>>> after recent update of unixODBC port.
>>> unixODBC patch is taken from vendor CVS repository.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> No objection from portmgr.  However, I would wait for a response from
>> the unixODBC maintainer at the very least.
>>
>> Joe
>
> Am I supposed to get some notice if tinderbox is breaking on ports
> broken by the one I updated? Because it's annoying that I have to find
> out this way >.<

Well, you're supposed to be aware of ports depending on yours and
check for regressions yes, of course. If the upgrade can potentially
affect a large number of ports, you can notify portmgr@ who will run
an experimental build with your patches and give you the results.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org