[kde-freebsd] [APPROVAL REQUEST] latest unixODBC breaks several ports

Max Khon fjoe at samodelkin.net
Tue Jan 27 10:37:27 CET 2009

Hello!

Peter Lai wrote:

>>> I would like to commit attached patches in order to fix ports builds
>>> after recent update of unixODBC port.
>>> unixODBC patch is taken from vendor CVS repository.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>> No objection from portmgr.  However, I would wait for a response from
>> the unixODBC maintainer at the very least.
>>
>> Joe
>
> Am I supposed to get some notice if tinderbox is breaking on ports
> broken by the one I updated? Because it's annoying that I have to find
> out this way >.<
>
> In any case, just heads up that vendor is rebasing unixODBC, so be
> careful what you are chasing, but these look ok to me. (I did not have
> to patch in order for my test case - freetds (which I will also update
> in a bit) - to build and link so I not sure exactly what is up with
> the pgsql and mysql connectors...).

The main problem was that ODBCINT64 and UODBCINT64 macros where empty in
unixodbc_conf.h. This caused compilation warnings in C code (that are
actually errors) and compilation errors in C++ code in this place in
sqltypes.h:

#ifdef ODBCINT64
typedef ODBCINT64       SQLBIGINT;
#endif
#ifdef UODBCINT64
typedef UODBCINT64      SQLUBIGINT;
#endif

The other problem is that unixODBC author has fixed signatures for a few
functions (SQLExtendedFetch, SQLColAttribute), but most projects already
used incorrect signatures when they were built with unixODBC as opposed
to iODBC.

The worst thing is that it is not possible to get unixODBC version at
compile time, so that I had to add explicit dependency on minimal
unixODBC version to the appropriate ports.

/fjoe