[kde-freebsd] Call for Testing KDE 4.2 for FreeBSD

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Sun Feb 1 22:41:44 CET 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Martin Wilke wrote:

> Howdy Guys,
>
> The KDE FreeBSD team is happy to announce the first public
> Call for Testing for KDE 4.2. Over the past weeks we have
> focused on the complex and very time consuming task to get
> KDE 4.2 running.
>
> What is new:
>
> Where KDE 4.1 was, according to the development team,
> "aimed at casual users", KDE 4.2 is billed as a "compelling
> offering for the majority of end users." There have been further
> enhancements to the plasma desktop with new applets allowing
> better desktop customisation. The configuration options for the
> desktop have also been expanded and the revamped system tray
> shows reports from every conceivable process, from system messages
> to the status of large downloads.

Nice, but can you add your own custom mouse menus like you
could with KDE 3.x and previous?

<rant>
The one thing that I *hate* about KDE4 is that I had to go to
the start menu bar or clutter my desktop with custom icons
(or whatever you call them).  The default application menu
thingy is just too damned big to navigate; I want my own
menus using my first mouse button like I've been able to do
for years.  I've got 3 mouse buttons; let me use them the
way I want.  Christ, even Motif mwm lets me do this.
</rant>

--
DE