[kde-freebsd] Call for Testing KDE 4.2 for FreeBSD

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Sun Feb 1 23:24:17 CET 2009

On Sunday 01 February 2009 01:41:44 pm Daniel Eischen wrote:
> Nice, but can you add your own custom mouse menus like you
> could with KDE 3.x and previous?

I'm not sure what you mean by "custom". You can certainly edit the
applications menu just like you always could.

> <rant>
> The one thing that I *hate* about KDE4 is that I had to go to
> the start menu bar or clutter my desktop with custom icons
> (or whatever you call them).  The default application menu
> thingy is just too damned big to navigate; I want my own
> menus using my first mouse button like I've been able to do
> for years.  I've got 3 mouse buttons; let me use them the
> way I want.  Christ, even Motif mwm lets me do this.
> </rant>

Not sure if this is what you want, but if you left click on the K menu, and
choose "Switch to Classic Menu Style".  That will give you the KDE3 style
menu. You can also set the hotkey used to popup this menu.

--
David Johnson