[kde-freebsd] Qt 4.5 and GNU iconv

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:18:57 CEST 2009

On Friday 03 April 2009 20:32:30 David Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 03 April 2009 11:02:20 am David Naylor wrote:
> > What is the course of action from here?  Complain to Qt Software, hope
> > someone sorts it out or ignore the problem?  Oh and how does one file a
> > bug with Qt Software?
>
> A new bug reporting system is being setup, as Qt transitions to a more
> community oriented project. Currently you can report bugs at
> <http://www.qtsoftware.com/bugreport-form> and them track them at
> <http://qtsoftware.com/developer/task-tracker>.
>
> But mention FreeBSD only obliquely. It is not an officially supported
> platform, and the Nokia policy is to reject all FreeBSD bugs that do not
> include a patch. Seriously. So write the bug to sound generic. They will
> accept our patches (if they don't break other platforms), but they won't
> fix any FreeBSD-only bugs.

I think we could get away with claiming qt doesn't work with libiconv.  Since
I cannot find a single Linux distribution that doesn't use glibc (and does
support qt4.5) I think it could fly?

In any case I would like to try isolate the problem but I cannot find any
regression tests.  Surely Qt has some sort of regression testing.