[kde-freebsd] portmaster failure

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jun 28 18:38:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 02:35:00 -0500, Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with both the marcuscom ports-stable and the area51 tree merged into
> the ports tree,
> I get this failure from 'portmaster -a' :
>
>  ----------8<-----------------------------8<------------------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<------------------
> self# portmaster -a
> ===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
> ===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
> ===>>> Checking ports for recursive 'make config'
> Unknown modifier '9'
>
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 657: Malformed conditional
> (${_USE_GNOME_ALL:Mltverhack:9}=="")
> Unknown modifier '9'
>
> Error expanding embedded variable.
>
> ===>>> Is /usr/ports/x11/pixman/Makefile missing?
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> ===>>> The following actions were performed:
>  ----------8<-----------------------------8<------------------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<------------------
>
> All 3 trees were updated this morning.
>
> I think this could become a real problem when the ports-stable tree
> gets merged into CVS.

If area51 tree has its own bsd.port.mk (maybe more if there is any) change
then you can't use ports-stable unless area51 merges with ports-stable's
bsd.port.mk change. If you want to stop to use area51 tree and use
ports-stable tree. You have to make sure you always run 'marcusmerge -u -m
ports-stable' at the each time when you update your FreeBSD ports tree by
portsnap, cvsup or whatever.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Regards,