[kde-freebsd] portmaster failure

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 10:22:27 CEST 2008

2008/6/26 Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> with both the marcuscom ports-stable and the area51 tree merged into
> the ports tree,
> I get this failure from 'portmaster -a' :
>
>  ----------8<-----------------------------8<------------------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<------------------
> self# portmaster -a
> ===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
> ===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
> ===>>> Checking ports for recursive 'make config'
> Unknown modifier '9'
>
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 657: Malformed conditional
> (${_USE_GNOME_ALL:Mltverhack:9}=="")
> Unknown modifier '9'
>
> Error expanding embedded variable.
>
> ===>>> Is /usr/ports/x11/pixman/Makefile missing?
> ===>>> Aborting update
>
> ===>>> The following actions were performed:
>  ----------8<-----------------------------8<------------------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<------------------
>
> All 3 trees were updated this morning.
>
> I think this could become a real problem when the ports-stable tree
> gets merged into CVS.

Without the ports-stable tree merged, portmaster bails out with:

----------8<-----------------------------8<------------------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<------------------
self# portmaster -a
===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
===>>> Starting check of installed ports for available updates
===>>> Checking ports for recursive 'make config'

===>>> Is /usr/ports/graphics/cairo/Makefile missing?
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> The following actions were performed:

self#
----------8<-----------------------------8<------------------------------------------------8<----------------------------------------8<------------------

As the error suggests, the Makefile is missing because the
graphics/cairo directory is empty.

In the original ports tree, there are only graphics/cairo-java and
graphics/cairo-reference.
In the ports-stable tree, graphics/cairo exists and contains the  port
for cairo 1.6.4

Merging ports-stable over area51 works ('portmaster -a' exists succesfully).

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0 4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)