[kde-freebsd] KDE4 is out, I'm back, let's get cracking

Tilman Linneweh arved at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 18 16:30:34 CET 2008

* Shane Bell [2008-01-18 09:02]:
> Yep that was me and here it is:
> http://lysergia.homeunix.net/~decept/philes/ports/bsd.cmake.mk
>
> It's a bit basic, but should be an okay starting point.
> Is support for "out-of-source" builds desirable?
> Is there any advantages with out of source builds other than keeping
> checkouts clean?

I think it is desirable IMHO. But i have not found a good solution, when
to create the build directory. If it is used for WRKSRC, we need to
create it before do-patch:.

I only took a short look at your code. You are missing support for
CONFIGURE_ENV. Variables like CMAKE_BIN should probably be assigned with
?= to allow overriding. CMAKE_ARGS should probably assigned with += so
that it is possible to add additional arguments in the Ports Makefile.
Support for "Verbose Makefiles" and "With Debugging" is not needed imho,
as these are maintainer only flags, and can be easily set from the Port
Makefile/Environment if necessary.

I am not really sure, if we need a seperate file for a 10-lines feature,
but well, that decision is up to portmgr anyway.

Thanks for your work! regards arved