[kde-freebsd] KDE4 is out, I'm back, let's get cracking

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sat Jan 19 02:23:00 CET 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008 09:00:59 Shane Bell wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 05:36 am Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > Sure, if you like to - if you do not feel like giving yourself a
> > crashcourse on bsd.port.mk in order to be able to write one though, that
> > is fine, too - my plan is to start diving into kdesupport tonight or
> > tomorrow and that will be a good opportunity to start a basic
> > bsd.cmake.mk as I go, which can then be further fleshed out as required.
> >
> > In any case, no effort is wasted, we can always merge different attempts
> > later. ISTR somebody else wrote to the list a while back that they
> > started a bsd.cmake.mk themselves, it's not at all too late to submit it.
>
> Yep that was me and here it is:
> http://lysergia.homeunix.net/~decept/philes/ports/bsd.cmake.mk
>
> It's a bit basic, but should be an okay starting point.
> Is support for "out-of-source" builds desirable?
> Is there any advantages with out of source builds other than keeping
> checkouts clean?

I'd like to suggest having out-of-source (e.g. staged) builds at least as an
option, because you never know what Frankensteinish cmake build software
we're going to be seeing. (if the past with auto* is any indication: a lot!).

The simple starting point Shane wrote would already simplify current cmake
based ports.

Dan