[kde-freebsd] KDE4 is out, I'm back, let's get cracking

Shane Bell decept0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:00:59 CET 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 05:36 am Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Sure, if you like to - if you do not feel like giving yourself a
> crashcourse on bsd.port.mk in order to be able to write one though, that is
> fine, too - my plan is to start diving into kdesupport tonight or tomorrow
> and that will be a good opportunity to start a basic bsd.cmake.mk as I go,
> which can then be further fleshed out as required.
>
> In any case, no effort is wasted, we can always merge different attempts
> later. ISTR somebody else wrote to the list a while back that they started
> a bsd.cmake.mk themselves, it's not at all too late to submit it.

Yep that was me and here it is:
http://lysergia.homeunix.net/~decept/philes/ports/bsd.cmake.mk

It's a bit basic, but should be an okay starting point.
Is support for "out-of-source" builds desirable?
Is there any advantages with out of source builds other than keeping checkouts
clean?

Cheers,
Shane.