[kde-freebsd] KDE4/Qt4 porting efforts?

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Wed Jan 9 02:35:04 CET 2008

On Tuesday 08 January 2008 09:45:19 Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Sunday 06 January 2008, Danny Pansters wrote:
> > > - Updated Qt4 in ports. bombs on qt from ports(iirc something to do
> > > with moc), works fine with svn qt-copy though.
>
> That reminds me that I have always had trouble with kde4automoc; it spawns
> off a bunch of mocs and then under some conditions hangs. Alex Neundorf
> (CMake dude) confirms this. But is anyone else seeing this -- and more
> importantly, able to track it down to whatever is keeling over in select(2)
> ?

I sent a patch to lofi that had to do with some use of automoc. It concerned
qdbuscpp2xml.cpp (hardcoded qt3 moc there), and at one point they were
actually running one first and the other later. Patch got into last qt4 port.

And yes, I also saw automoc4 sometimes go wild, and other times not. Very
weird. select(2) you say? Pff, that has glibc vs libc all over... Yikes!

Are there problems with strigi? Built fine from the kdesupport snap I used
back then (seems like an eternity ago! Won't be long now and I'll switch to
Fbsd7 and maybe give teh kde4 another go).

Dan