[kde-freebsd] turning threads off in OpenEXR by default

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 7 16:59:30 CEST 2007

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 18:11:09 -0400
Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> Yes, ImageMagick uses OpenEXR like that. And the ImageMagick's /executables/
> (such as display, convert, identify, etc.) are linked correctly.
> But -- because perl does not have threads by default on FreeBSD -- PerlMagick
> does not work. This is a known problem -- and not only with Perl. The only
> solution for -stable is to not use -threads wherever possible... This is why
> I'm asking, if it is, indeed, possible to turn multi-threading off in OpenEXR
> by default.

	I see your request.  I researched about OpenEXR/IlmBase thread
	support purpose.  I knew that the purpose is multithread file I/O.
	So I decided that thread support disabled by default.

> By the time your e-mail arrived I almost finished the port of ilmbase. I'm
> attaching it here -- only the pkg-plist may need re-verification. The port
> needs to be committed together with the matching OpenEXR update.
> The dependant ports may need to revisit their dependencies -- those, who need
> only libHalf will need to depend on devel/ilmbase instead of the full-blown
> OpenEXR, for example.

	Thank you.  I merged your port.