[kde-freebsd] Trouble with KMplayer

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 8 10:18:34 CET 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:54:09AM +0100, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 November 2007 02:25:29 Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	Does anybody know why KMPlayer hangs when I try to play *.ram
> > 	files?   mplayer handles there fine--at least in my music files.
> > 	But when I try to listen to files such as found as
> > 	"thewritersalamac.org", K/mplayer stops..  I set Konq to
> > 	realplay-10 and it plays.
> >
> > 	Anybody??
>

> .ram refers to (ancient term) "Real Audio Meta" file. It's a text file
> containing the actual media url(s). Looks like (k)mplayer doesn't support
> these, or maybe it doesn't support it because the media type is .smil
> (another container format) rather than merely .ra or .rv/.rm, the actual
> audio/video data files.

mplayer should be able to play these with the -playlist switch. kmplayer would need to do some parsing/guessing itself to call mplayer with that parameter. I cannot test it right now, but I think it should be able to do that - at least the kmplayer-kpart usually works quite well on embedded real media in konqueror.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org