[kde-freebsd] about Konqueror's default CSS problems ...

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Wed Mar 7 17:48:00 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 22:40, deeptech71 at gmail.com wrote:
> Using a dark color scheme in KDE has its errors. Some programs use the
> background color, but do not use the text color set in KDE. This results in
> an unreadable color combination: dark background and black text. That is, I
> had to set it manually in KWrite for example.
>
> In the Konqueror web browser, as I see it, the base CSS is inherited from
> the KDE settings. Some sites only set the color explicitly to black,
> because they rely on a false fact that everyone is using Firefox nowadays,
> and Firefox has white background and black text by default. Trying to
> specify a user defined stylesheet is even worse.
> The other thing about Konqueror, is that the window styles and other stuff
> are also inherited, and can cause errors. Just look: [ATTACHMENT] (using
> other decorations do not have this effect).
>
> I'm using FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and some KDE 3.5 package.

Looking at your screenshot, I am trying to determine what the exact problem is
with the style. You are using the Phase style, and I am the author of Phase.
Is your complaint on the style (which I have some small ability to fix) or
upon Konqueror's handling of CSS? The screenshot shows a proper use of the
color palette by the style and window decoration, but some errors in page
rendering and Konqueror itself.

David Johnson <david at usermode.org>