[kde-freebsd] about Konqueror's default CSS problems ...

deeptech71 at gmail.com deeptech71 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 07:40:15 CET 2007

Using a dark color scheme in KDE has its errors. Some programs use the
background color, but do not use the text color set in KDE. This results in an
unreadable color combination: dark background and black text. That is, I had
to set it manually in KWrite for example.

In the Konqueror web browser, as I see it, the base CSS is inherited from the
KDE settings. Some sites only set the color explicitly to black, because they
rely on a false fact that everyone is using Firefox nowadays, and Firefox has
white background and black text by default. Trying to specify a user defined
stylesheet is even worse.
The other thing about Konqueror, is that the window styles and other stuff are
also inherited, and can cause errors. Just look: [ATTACHMENT] (using other
decorations do not have this effect).

I'm using FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and some KDE 3.5 package.