[kde-freebsd] about Konqueror's default CSS problems ...

deeptech71 at gmail.com deeptech71 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 07:41:50 CET 2007

David Johnson wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 March 2007 22:40, deeptech71 at gmail.com wrote:
>> Using a dark color scheme in KDE has its errors. Some programs use the
>> background color, but do not use the text color set in KDE. This results in
>> an unreadable color combination: dark background and black text. That is, I
>> had to set it manually in KWrite for example.
>>
>> In the Konqueror web browser, as I see it, the base CSS is inherited from
>> the KDE settings. Some sites only set the color explicitly to black,
>> because they rely on a false fact that everyone is using Firefox nowadays,
>> and Firefox has white background and black text by default. Trying to
>> specify a user defined stylesheet is even worse.
>> The other thing about Konqueror, is that the window styles and other stuff
>> are also inherited, and can cause errors. Just look: [ATTACHMENT] (using
>> other decorations do not have this effect).
>>
>> I'm using FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and some KDE 3.5 package.
>
> Looking at your screenshot, I am trying to determine what the exact problem is
> with the style. You are using the Phase style, and I am the author of Phase.
> Is your complaint on the style (which I have some small ability to fix) or
> upon Konqueror's handling of CSS? The screenshot shows a proper use of the
> color palette by the style and window decoration, but some errors in page
> rendering and Konqueror itself.
>
> David Johnson <david at usermode.org>

No, the problem is not the style, but something in Konqueror.

UPDATE: I've created a new user and I can't seem to be able to recreate the
error. Back at my old user, changing the styles does not change the error.
Don't know, maybe the CSS display error isn't in the style after all.
But I think I'm right about the other CSS thing: [ATTACHMENT] What if I had a
near-black default background? (don't answer that)