[kde-freebsd] ports/114809: x11-toolkits/qt33 - qt-3.3.8_4 install error: don't know how to make qconfig.h

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 23 16:00:36 CEST 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/114809; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org>
To: David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/114809: x11-toolkits/qt33 - qt-3.3.8_4 install error: don't
 know how to make qconfig.h
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:57:23 +0200

 David Wolfskill schrieb:
 > On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 11:57:35AM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
 >
 >> Did the workaround I suggested in my reply to your previous mail
 >> (deinstalling the qt33 completely before rebuilding it) not help?
 >>

 > OK; that at least appears to have completed successfully:

 Good - I believe the problem here is indeed your symlink. We in-place
 patch the Makefiles that contain the bogus dependencies qmake generates,
 but we use ${PREFIX} in the search string. Your ${PREFIX} is /usr/local,
 qmake however seems to use realpath(3), puts your symlink's target in
 the Makefiles instead and thus the search for the in-place edit comes up
 with no matches.

 Please try this patch:
 http://people.freebsd.org/~lofi/patch-qt33_Makefile.txt

 If you do not want to downgrade qt33 again to a previous revision just
 for the sake of testing, that is okay - just keep the patch or a
 bookmark around until the next time the qt33 port is updated and apply
 it then.