[kde-freebsd] ports/114809: x11-toolkits/qt33 - qt-3.3.8_4 install error: don't know how to make qconfig.h

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Mon Jul 23 21:50:09 CEST 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/114809; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Wolfskill <david at catwhisker.org>
To: Michael Nottebrock <lofi at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/114809: x11-toolkits/qt33 - qt-3.3.8_4 install error: don't know how to make qconfig.h
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:42:39 -0700

 --liOOAslEiF7prFVr

 On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 03:57:23PM +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
 > >> Did the workaround I suggested in my reply to your previous mail
 > >> (deinstalling the qt33 completely before rebuilding it) not help?
 > >  =20
 > > OK; that at least appears to have completed successfully:
 > >  =20
 > Good - I believe the problem here is indeed your symlink. We in-place
 > patch the Makefiles that contain the bogus dependencies qmake generates,
 > but we use ${PREFIX} in the search string. Your ${PREFIX} is /usr/local,
 > qmake however seems to use realpath(3), puts your symlink's target in
 > the Makefiles instead and thus the search for the in-place edit comes up
 > with no matches.
 >=20
 > Please try this patch:
 > http://people.freebsd.org/~lofi/patch-qt33_Makefile.txt

 OK; I tried a forced portupgrade on qt-3.3.8_4 ("portupgrade -f
 qt-3.3.8_4") on top of the installed qt-3.3.8_4;that failed with the
 same symptoms as before (don't know how to make include/qconfig.h).

 I then applied the above-cited patch, then re-tried the forced
 portupgrrade; it succeeded without problem.  (It just took a while to
 build on my laptop....)

 I hope that's helpful.

 Peace,
 david
 --=20
 David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
 Anything and everything is a (potential) cat toy.

 --liOOAslEiF7prFVr

 --liOOAslEiF7prFVr--