[kde-freebsd] issues with most recent KDE

Mikhail T. mi+metlife at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jul 11 16:11:11 CEST 2007

Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> Do you have a kde-np pam service definition? See
> http://freebsd.kde.org/faq.php#HowdoIenablepasswordlessconvenienceloginsinKDMIcheckedthecheckboxintheLoginManagerControlbutKDMwontlogmein

Why is this necessary? KDM comes with a nice GUI configuration utility,
yet I have to jump through extra hoops to use it? Should not the port
either do it, or patch KDM to not require it?
>> 	   Even if the user clicks "Forever", they still get prompted
>> 	   next time kmail is started.
>>

> Sounds like kded isn't running - if you have the klaptopdaemon port installed,

Mmm, this is not a laptop. I don't know, what kded nor klaptopdaemon
are... Again, this is a new install of KDE from ports.
>> 	4. I wanted to enable the keyboard layouts to switch between
>> [...]
>> 	   What package should I add/reinstall to have they layouts there?
>>

> Not sure (works for me), but if you do not have the xorg-clients metaport
> installed, try installing the various xorg xkb* utilities.

Thanks, I'll look into this more.

Yours,

    -mi