[kde-freebsd] Fix kio-slave fails on FreeBSD (trunk)

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Jul 6 14:50:40 CEST 2007

On Friday 06 Jul 2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 06 July 2007 14:18:03 Alex Merry wrote:
> > On Friday 06 Jul 2007, you wrote:
> > > actually is due a cmake test that it is no founding the
> > > setproctitle funtion on FreeBSD and then not creating the
> > > corresponding prepocessor HAVE_SETPROCTITLE directive.
> > >
> > > so until someone figure out how to fix this cmake issue i make
> > > this awful hack in kdelibs/kinit/proctitle.cpp that fix the
> > > problem ( only for freebsd users ;) )
> >
> > Can I suggest you just put
> > #ifdef __FreeBSD__
> > #define HAVE_SETPROCTITLE 1
> > #endif
> >
> > near the top of the file?
>
> You may mean Q_OS_FREEBSD instead of __FreeBSD__ (I think that
> catches DragonFly as well). Remind me later this afternoon (I'm in
> the foyer in front of the hack lab near the tea) and I'll fix up the
> cmake test.

We'd need to include some Qt stuff for that.

The cmake test is currently
CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS(setproctitle, HAVE_SETPROCTITLE)
which I'd have thought would work.

However, there's definitely something up - cmake doesn't find the
__progname variable on my linux box, but it should exist in glibc.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org