[kde-freebsd] Icons gone after KDE Update

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 15:27:23 CET 2007

Moin Ralf,

On Saturday 20 January 2007 09:41, Ralf Folkerts wrote:
> well, I ran into the same Problem a while ago (posted here in December).
> In my case I think the reason was that I stupidly upgraded KDE while I
> was using it. Also tried to remove ~/.kde etc, which didn't help.

Hmm, I also upgraded KDE while running it; I must say I'd be surprised if that
was the reason (I did that a few times already, and it usually worked quite
well [except when there was a binary incompatibility in one of the upgraded
libraries]). However, I cannot rule it out - and given how low I'm running on
explanation as to what causes this problem, I'm tempted to say that it indeed
has some effect :-/

> I have no Idea what might have caused the Problem; on my
> Desktop-machine, where I upgraded from Ports, everything works nice.
>
> Would be great if you let me (on the ML) know, if you find a solution.

For what it's worth, I just tried whether the icons are missing for a new user
and indeed - the same situation with a new user account. I'm royally
confuzzled.

- Frerich