[kde-freebsd] Icons gone after KDE Update

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 21 11:35:13 CET 2007

On Saturday, 20. January 2007 15:27, Frerich Raabe wrote:

> > I have no Idea what might have caused the Problem; on my
> > Desktop-machine, where I upgraded from Ports, everything works nice.
> >
> > Would be great if you let me (on the ML) know, if you find a solution.
>
> For what it's worth, I just tried whether the icons are missing for a new
> user and indeed - the same situation with a new user account. I'm royally
> confuzzled.

I remember we had to introduce this a while ago to not conflict with GNOME
when it was moved to ${LOCALBASE}:

${REINPLACE_CMD} -e "s,applications.menu,kde-applications.menu,g" \
	${WRKSRC}/kded/Makefile.in ${WRKSRC}/kded/kbuildsycoca.cpp

(from x11/kdelibs3/Makefile).

Perhaps some breakage can happen there, especially with in-place upgrades. I
don't have any specific idea how and why though, just a gut-feeling.

You might want to try looking at stuff in /usr/local/etc/xdg/menus.

As a last resort, rm -rf /usr/local/etc/xdg; pkg_deinstall -f kdelibs kdebase
&& portinstall kdelibs kdebase (without KDE running :) ought to fix things.

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org